Buying an engagement ring or a wedding ring has never been an easy task. Unlike other pieces of jewellery, it’s a promise and a sign of your commitment to your soul mate. But when you have to buy a ring for someone with sensitive skin, the process becomes even harder. However, understanding what metal alloys cause a reaction saves you the trouble of buying a ring made from allergy-causing metals.
Jewellery manufacturers understand that some people are allergic to certain metals and alloys. As a result invest in hypoallergenic engagement and wedding rings. However, some metals are well known for causing skin reactions and they include:
The salt nickel creates after reacting with body fluids makes it the leading culprit. This means that the more you wear jewellery made from this metal alloy, the more intense the allergic reaction will be.
Plated jewellery is also a culprit. The plate from the metal will wear off after a long time. This exposes the metal beneath, which is usually reinforced using nickel. As a result, you can start experiencing reactions that were not present initially.
Buying hypoallergenic jewellery can help to prevent allergic reactions if you have sensitive skin. However, before you embark on a search for reaction-free jewellery, consider doing any of the following to ease the reactions.
It is always good to be on the safe side in this situation. Choose jewellery made from metals that are less likely to cause an allergic reaction. Also, don’t assume that an expensive engagement ring or wedding ring equates to hypoallergenic. Instead, do your research before making a purchase.
Here at Bespoke Diamonds we offer the choice of platinum, palladium, white gold, yellow gold and rose gold.
If you would like to book an appointment please contact us at email@example.com or call 01-6855800.
Share this post