Best Place to Sell Jewellery in Dublin
So, for some reason or another, you have been left with a ring to sell. You will soon realise that it is not so easy to sell your ring as it was to buy one. There are a few options open to you but this process is not simple. This is the reason for us devising this blog to offer advice on the best approach on how to sell your engagement ring at the best possible price.
Selling Second Hand Engagement Rings
There are a few options open to you regarding where to sell your ring. The first option is to sell it to us. However, there are certain criteria to meet in terms of quality as we do not look at all rings.
– If your diamond has been certified by one of the 3 reputable bodies – GIA, HRD or IGI.
– The colour of the diamond ideally should be F or better.
– In terms of clarity, we look for it to be at least eye-clean (Si clarity).
– For a round cut diamond, we would require the cut to be excellent or very good
– We would require the fluorescence grade to be nil or slight.
– We will also only be able to make an offer on a ring with a centre diamond of 0.80ct or lager.
– In order for us to offer a quote, the best option is to send spec of the ring and we will offer you the best price that we can.
-We trade the diamond in to one of our diamond dealers who gives us a price as we are effectively acting on their behalf.
However, we would also recommend shopping around. Auctions are also an option but due to their unpredictability you may not get nearly as good of a price as you had hoped for. The reality of the market is that many high street jewellers add a high margin to their rings so investigating all possible options is key. You also would have paid VAT at 23% on top of the price – this would not be reclaimable if selling.
Roughly, the cost you could expect to receive would be:
Price you paid (i) less vat (ii) less jewellers margin (iii) less cost of setting (iv)plus scrap value of the metal.
This is usually close to the wholesale price of the diamond.
Selling Jewellery Ireland
Selling your second-hand pieces in Ireland can be difficult and frustrating. We do our best to offer you our best price. Email or call us to discuss your ring and then to schedule an appointment. See here for our contact details.